These Kegel Hubs have slight tolerance issues so they will not use a shared extended bearing with the wheel. Instead, they will use their own flanged bearing that is included. You will need trucks with longer axles, other than that the hubs will work perfectly fine.
This is the standalone Kegel hub adapter that allows you to purchase individual parts instead of an entire new pulley. These are made from aircraft grade 7075 aluminum and anodized black.
This Kegel Hub Works with:
- 80mm Orangatang Kegel (Orange and Purple)
- 85mm Orangatang Caguma
- 90mm and 100mm Boa Wheels (All Colors)
The kegel hub uses an 11mm bearing that is shared between the wheel and hub adapter. This allows modular pulleys to be used, (any size: 32, 36, 40, 44t). They can be found here individually or if you want a hub adapter + pulley you can find that here
What trucks will these work with?
- Standard Caliber 2 Trucks: it is necessary to flip the outer lock-nut and use only one inner speed ring between the pulley bearing and truck axle
- Paris Trucks: same procedure as Caliber
- TorqueBoards 218mm Trucks: fits perfect without and different procedures
- Any other truck with 8mm axle and less than 28mm hanger width
Installation: please see this detailed installation guide with pictures
These pulleys are designed to be press fit into the wheels. It is a very tight fit that ensures there is no slop. First, install the 11mm bearing ensuring it is flush with the bearing seat. Second, press the hub adapter into the wheel ensuring it is square. You may need to use the help of an arbor press, vice, clamps, or other tools in order to properly secure the pulley. After it is pressed flush with the wheel install the pulley with the 5 provided screws (when purchasing a pulley or combo). Make sure to use red loctite to ensure they never wiggle loose.
- 1x Kegel Modular Hub Adapter
- 1x 11mm Bearing